It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:45 am 

Will be running c64web for 24hrs with a SuperCPU and RamLink attached to it.

Click on some of the pages hosted from the c64 in the "Web Page's Hosted On C64Web" section these come directly from the c64.

Its not really in the spirit of c64web being a unmodified c64 web-server
running 24/7, but should give you a idea the difference a SuperCPU makes to the performance of the c64.

Anyways tell me what you think.

http://www.c64web.com

from lemon

Many moon's ago i fitted a small electric fan to the back of the RamLink, this draws air from the c64 via the cartridge port. Smile

I tested the effectiveness of this with a little smoke blown over the c64, the smoke is drawn into the the c64 out the cartridge port though the SuperCPU into the RamLink then out of the Fan, taking the hot air with it.

i thought i would run the SCPU to see how compaitible & quick contiki would run with the SCPU attached and was amazed at the difference, plugging the RamLink in was the next logical step, being so happy with the result's, i just had to share them with like minded people. Smile

Please remember the c64 banner advertising down the bottom of the screen is as slow or fast as the system it's served from and sometime's it's slow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sorry I missed this little event. I'm really curious to see the performance. Is there any chance you will hook the SCPU/RL up on a permanent basis?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:56 pm 

I will do it again, i have a sx64 in the mail as soon as it get here, i will setup a reu and scpu on it, but it will be on a different ip address, so this time your going to be able to hit both at the same time and watch identical webpages come up together.

Hopefully i will have it by the weekend, the reu is suppost to be faster than the Ramlink, but it cant be by much. :)

Have Fun Shane