zap reminded me of my promise and so here it is, the source code for my little, (experimental?!) BBS called "Contiki BBS
" plus a neat little setup program and a BBS-worthy color scheme. The .tar.gz archive contains all the sources you need. Just unpack them into your contiki-2.x source folder. In the "examples" directory you'll find a new project called "bbs-server". Enter that directory, (on a Unix/Linux system with cc65 properly installed) type "make TARGET=c64" and enjoy. You may also want to start the program directly from the included "examples/bbs-server/ctkbbs.d64" image. There is a program called "bbs-setup" on that disk, use it to set up your bbs, the IP configuration etc. new version out now Changes in this version (Contiki BBS 0.2.1):
* simple user management (user db) in the setup program (add new users)
* simple login procedure, checking for valid username / password via user db.
* new commands for listing board information: "/blist
" (board list
" (info on current board
* "abort" command in message edit mode (type
" on empty line during message edit
* simple message index, messages now are now written chronologically. Once the message base is full, it starts all over again with message #1.
* session idle timeout counter is now a seperate process, thus login is now also affected by timeout (60 secs.)
* dozens of bugfixes (and probably new bugs added
Test, comment, enjoy!
... still alive,