It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

Unbelievably, litterary days after releasing the 3x Expansion board, Fotios strikes again with a secondary SID cartridge, dubbed the Stereophonic SID Card. The FB-SS is specially designed with Prophet64 users in mind with a pass-thru socket that allows the user to have both the FB-SS and the Prophet64 plugged in simultaneously, but should allow for virtually any other cartridge as well.

The FB-SS comes in 2 flavours: 9volt edition for 8580 chips and 12volts for the 6581. This ofcourse strikes the curiosity whether we will see a Deluxe edition in the future with both 9v and 12v option? Except for the passthru slot and SID chip socket the cart has a 8-way DIP switch for selecting I/O address, configurable from $DE00 to $FC00. Regardless if you're a musician or just want the possibility to enjoy 6 channel SID music, hurry off to get one of these babies. Currently no price info available.

Prices anyone? :D

http://www.c64net.com/fotios/fbss.php

Attachments:
fbss.jpg [17.42 KiB]
Downloaded 132 times
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:26 pm 
Site Admin

Is that what I think it is in the left corner of the cart? Looks like an adjustable voltage regulator or a gain-adjustable amplifier :?:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:55 am 

RaveGuru wrote:

About $30 USD. You can buy them directly from him here or through eBay if that's your thing. So that's an RS-232 interface, a MIDI interface, an 8-in-1 multi cartridge, a three slot cartridge port expander, a '2+1' cartridge port expander and a stereo SID cartridge. Pretty impressive, eh? :)

Wait until you see what's coming. The next few products are going to really blow your mind.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:29 am 

gklinger wrote:
RaveGuru wrote:

Wait until you see what's coming. The next few products are going to really blow your mind.

I am using one of his RS-232 interface,s to get my c64 bbs online soon it works a treat just have to find more time to finish the bbs configuring decided on c*base bbs for the bbs software.
was going to use ivory bbs as this was the first bbs i ran years ago before going to os/2 and maximus.

Oliver has sent me contiki v2 but its still not quite right but now users a separate index.html file no longer compiled into the .prg file.

Works on vice but not on the real thing. :(

Has anyone one else given it a go.

Have Fun Shane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

No not yet, but i'm curious to see if there's any big changes to uIP...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:26 am 

RaveGuru wrote:
Is that what I think it is in the left corner of the cart? Looks like an adjustable voltage regulator or a gain-adjustable amplifier :?:

Hi guys.

RaveGuru, the board on the top left corner is an adjustable voltage regulator that converts the +5 Volts from the C64/128 expansion port to either 9V or 12V depending on the SID chip used. However, I don't want to encourage users playing around with it.

I've just registered an account here after reading through some of topics discussed. It's great to see software like Contiki being developed. Let's get some affordable 64/128 NICs happening :wink:

Cheers
Fotios

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:20 am 

uh.. this means that this cart would be a quick way to determine audible changes to the different SID waveforms depending on the VDD applied to the SID... hmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:23 am 

Devia wrote:
uh.. this means that this cart would be a quick way to determine audible changes to the different SID waveforms depending on the VDD applied to the SID... hmm...

Oh man...please don't attempt to adjust the SID voltage. This would be a quick way to destroy your SID chip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:46 am 

mangelore wrote:
Oh man...please don't attempt to adjust the SID voltage. This would be a quick way to destroy your SID chip.

It's only VDD you'd adjust and I have so far not visibly, audibly or otherwise noticably fucked up any 8580 by feeding it 12V VDD. ..well, the filter sounds like crap at 12V and the waveforms sound like 6581, but bring it back to it's 9V home and it sounds just like it did before removing it from it's home.
In fact, I have only ever heard rumors of people who knows someones cousins fathers neighbours daughters boyfriend who might at one time have blown an 8580 by feeding it 12V VDD.
I would REALLY like to hear this from someone who experienced it first hand, coz I can't seem to break them at only 12V!
..same goes for 8565, btw ;-)

To some, logic might suggest that feeding it with above MAX spec VDD would incur damage over time... well.. I'd like some proof of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:52 am 

The problem is that the VDD can be adjusted to voltages greater than 12V. I have no idea if the SID would enjoy this.... and I'm not willing to try it out :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:16 am 

mangelore wrote:
The problem is that the VDD can be adjusted to voltages greater than 12V. I have no idea if the SID would enjoy this.... and I'm not willing to try it out :D

Sounds like Sound advice. pun intended :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:20 pm 

mangelore wrote:

Ahh.. ;-) well.. I have a few defective but still sound producing SIDs that I'm willing to sacrifice for the sake of science :P
*shrug* - another project :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:35 am 

I have one... :) And I love it. I bought the 12V version, but it would be great to know how to adjust it to 9V if possible.. If I feel lucky some friday night...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:06 am 

sledge wrote:
I have one... :) And I love it. I bought the 12V version, but it would be great to know how to adjust it to 9V if possible.. If I feel lucky some friday night...

Makes you feel warm and fuzzy to support great projects. :)