It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:04 am
Posts: 116
Location: Germany / 88471
the 3.8P (with the bugfix by me) is based on this "improved" 3.8B. In fact it is the same ROM only the Program Code for the FlashUtility is modified.

So I think we can call the 3.8P the latest ROM.
I know that this is alle a bit confusing:

ALPHA 3.8 is the latest official Cyberpunx Release
3.8B is the improved "hitmen" Version
3.8P is the same with the additional Bugfix concerning the FlashUtility.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:47 am
Posts: 112
Quote:
3.8B is the improved "hitmen" Version


NO :=)

3.8b is the version jens flashes currently (or maybe now with your patched one available not anymore...) before he ships.

the one on the hitmen page is a "development snapshot" countzero gave to me, its different from 3.8b yet it displays that very version number (yes its confusing :D)

_________________
http://hitmen.eu


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:45 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:22 pm
Posts: 866
Uhm.. ok, the one 3.8B posted here is the "Hitmen" snapshot. Damn confusing!! :P

hannenz wrote:
So I think we can call the 3.8P the latest ROM.
I know that this is alle a bit confusing:


Is 3.8P based on the "Hitmen" or "Jens" snapshot?

Groepaz wrote:
the one on the hitmen page is a "development snapshot" countzero gave to me, its different from 3.8b yet it displays that very version number (yes its confusing )


Is this "Hitmen" snapshot later or sooner than the one Jens puts in the carts?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:04 am
Posts: 116
Location: Germany / 88471
wow! is this weird!!!!
What do you mean with "Jens" Snapshot???

All I know is that I took the 3.8b from the hitmen site (which occurs to be the one, that Jens flashes currently on new boards) and fixed it to 3.8p and from now on Jens will flash this 3.8p on all new boards from now on.

That's it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:10 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:22 pm
Posts: 866
hannenz wrote:
wow! is this weird!!!!
What do you mean with "Jens" Snapshot???

I meant the ROM image Jens (Individual Computing) flashes the new RR boards with (according to Groepaz).

hannenz wrote:
All I know is that I took the 3.8b from the hitmen site (which occurs to be the one, that Jens flashes currently on new boards) and fixed it to 3.8p and from now on Jens will flash this 3.8p on all new boards from now on.

That's it.

Quoting Groepaz:

Groepaz wrote:
3.8b is the version jens flashes currently (or maybe now with your patched one available not anymore...) before he ships.
the one on the hitmen page is a "development snapshot" countzero gave to me, its different from 3.8b yet it displays that very version number (yes its confusing )


My question is: Which of these 2 versions/images/snapshots is the latest?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:47 am
Posts: 112
3.8a - last downloadable CPX release, available as pal/ntsc - oldest
3.8b - the last version jens flashed on the carts before shipping, contains the flashutil for "red" rr
3.8b - the "development snapshot" which i put on the hitmen site, available only for pal, unofficial, not intended for public release
3.8p - the version patched by hannes, based on the development snapshot, pal only - newest

_________________
http://hitmen.eu


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:47 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:22 pm
Posts: 866
Thanks for clearing this out :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:30 pm
Posts: 20
Useless fact: I got my RR back :D (I should take notes when lending goodies...)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:47 am
Posts: 112
so now steal baccys mmc64 so he can finish the tftp stuff for the rr :=P

_________________
http://hitmen.eu


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:30 pm
Posts: 20
Just make sure you are his #1-beer-provider at BP06 and he will code on anything you want... (of course, the code will look like lots of beer; can't have it all) ;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group