It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Silver Surfer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:02 am 
Site Admin

Is there anyone currently developing stuff for the Silver Surfer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:08 am 

Nothing current that I know of. The only things that I know are out there is the Novasurf and Dessurf patch and the Serial Slave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:08 am 
MMC64 Browser has the ability to send screenshots through Silversurfer connected to RR, but I can't remember if I included it in released non-betas.

I've also written XModem-compatible program starter, here is the blurb I wrote in Lemon64:

Quote:
If anyone needs it, go and get my Xmodem thingy for Retro Replay + Silversurfer (+ MMC64) combination. It doesn't set BASIC end pointer, so you can use it only for programs which don't require that.

If you load it from MMC64, then just reset after loading, F7 twice and SYS $CE00 to start, otherwise simple RUN will do. After starting it send any C64 program ($0800..$CBFF or $D000..$FFFF) with properly working xmodem client. TeraTerm Pro has way too agressive resending timeout, but HyperTerminal (yuck!) works, as do most sz implementations. If the program hangs with white or red background color then transfer got out of sync, just run/stop+restore and retry with SYS $CE00.

Serial settings are 8n1 at 115200 bauds, hardware handshake. Xmodem-CRC & Xmodem-1K works. Simple checksum mode is not implemented.

Edit: at nearly 9300 cps I believe it now being among the fastest Xmodem implementations for C64. Maximum speed for non-handshaked transfer is only 2000 cps higher on my system.

I also have proof-of-concept code for 230kbps loader, but it needs custom program on PC side. Less than 3 seconds to transfer 64 K :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:14 am 

Yes, it was me who wrote the above post, before anyone asks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:28 am 
Site Admin

Great stuff! If there are files/programs/tools/etc that you feel belong here, feel free to use the Upload section, and I'll move them to their proper location(s). Also, registered users can upload in the Coding sections. Oops! Should put this information in the Ground Zero section as well :D

PS. To Upload files, simply post a new message and use the Add Attachment options!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:45 am 
there are extensive crossdevelopment tools for the silversurfer, they are even available on the cpx page. *sigh*

however, since cz lost motivation to update the page i moved my stuff (meaning the pc side of things, including x-dev stuff for the silversurfer) to http://hitmen.c02.at/html/tools_rr.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:56 pm 

I wrote:
I've also written XModem-compatible program starter

I've now made the source available, fixing a bug in CRC check as well. Nothing special to see. It might be possible to make it a bit faster by re-enabling sending earlier, now it waits for buffer empty before asserting RTS after buffer-nearly-full NMI.

Edit: wasting 7 cycles per received character for buffer half-empty check slows down the transfer, so the current method is faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:32 pm 

After a bit of tweaking, it's now 10% faster. It might get handy if I end up integrating it with MMC64 browser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

Good job! Please go ahead with the MMC64 integration!! :wink: