It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:13 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:12 pm 

mangelore wrote:
Oliver wrote:
I presume this is for testing purposes only as I don't see the point in a native C128 program taking no advantage at all of any C128 feature...

Is there any chance that your upcoming NIC works with 2MHz? Talking about that: Do you already have an idea on the price?

Thanks Oliver.

Yes, it's for testing purposes only. I'll give it a shot when I'm back at home tomorrow as I'm out of town at the moment. However, MagerValp pointed out that the C128 uses 1MHz for IO operations so it may not make any difference.

If all goes to plan, my NIC solution will not use a clockport. I should be able to announce pricing some time next week.... I hope.

Fingers crossed for ya. !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:03 pm 

It works! It works! It works! :D

Contiki 2.1 (mk4) for the Commodore 128 works fine in 40 column and 80 column mode when run at 1MHz.

It looks like the Retro-Replay cartridge or the clockport implementation for the RR-NET does not support 2MHz.

Many thanks Oliver.

Regards
Fotios

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:20 pm 

mangelore wrote:
It works! It works! It works! :D

Contiki 2.1 (mk4) for the Commodore 128 works fine in 40 column and 80 column mode when run at 1MHz.

It looks like the Retro-Replay cartridge or the clockport implementation for the RR-NET does not support 2MHz.

Many thanks Oliver.

Regards
Fotios

Mate that is fantastic news :) http://www.c128web.com :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:08 am 

mangelore wrote:

Great !

Does it make sense to just keep the current speed in the binary and have the user switch to 2MHz before running the binary in case he has a suitable NIC?

What about the switch to 80 cols. Should this be done by the binary or should this again rather be left to the user?

From my perspective I could add the C128 to the official Contiki source tree if these things are decided on...

mangelore wrote:
Many thanks Oliver.

You're welcome :-).

Unfortunately there's a major issue with great Contiki support for the C128: The cc65 environment reserves only $1C00 - $C000 for the binary and that's very little for Contiki programs :-(.

Uz told me that one would need to "bank out the KERNAL" and implement bank switching for KERNAL calls (at least that's what I understood) similiar to the plus/4 cc65-target.

So my question is if one of the cc65 contributors for the CBM feels motivated to work on that - now that here's a real usecase ...

Best, Oliver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:34 am 

Oliver wrote:
Does it make sense to just keep the current speed in the binary and have the user switch to 2MHz before running the binary in case he has a suitable NIC?

What about the switch to 80 cols. Should this be done by the binary or should this again rather be left to the user?

From my perspective I could add the C128 to the official Contiki source tree if these things are decided on...

Yes, I think the switch to 80 column mode and 2MHz (Fast) mode should be left to the user.

Oliver wrote:
Unfortunately there's a major issue with great Contiki support for the C128: The cc65 environment reserves only $1C00 - $C000 for the binary and that's very little for Contiki programs :-(.

Uz told me that one would need to "bank out the KERNAL" and implement bank switching for KERNAL calls (at least that's what I understood) similiar to the plus/4 cc65-target.

So my question is if one of the cc65 contributors for the CBM feels motivated to work on that - now that here's a real usecase ...

Best, Oliver

I'll have a chat to nikoniko over at the C128 Alive! forum as he seems to be an active 128 coder.

Cheers
Fotios

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:10 pm 

Check out http://www.c64web.com many new changer's since release of contiki 2.1

Does anyone want there own webpage on the c64 just send the html and i will link it to run from the c64. :) also email user@c64web.com :)

Have Fun Shane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:12 am 
Site Admin

@oliver: I must commend you on the clever and elegant solution for the unified cs8900a driver code. I've been waiting for somebody to figure this out once and for all :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:19 pm 

RaveGuru wrote:
@oliver: I must commend you on the clever and elegant solution for the unified cs8900a driver code. I've been waiting for somebody to figure this out once and for all :D

@RaveGuru: Wow, thank you very much for that positive feedback (that I missed for some reason until now). It's really appreciated :-)

Best, Oliver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:41 pm 

Oliver wrote:
RaveGuru wrote:

@RaveGuru: Wow, thank you very much for that positive feedback (that I missed for some reason until now). It's really appreciated :-)

Best, Oliver

Shows were nice a friendly here at Retrohackers and well deserved :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:53 pm 

Hi.
I have few questions...
basically, if I understood right, Contiki now uses kernal calls for disk access, so you can have as many drives as you have patience to configure them on right drive numbers right?

How's the website is set up at Contiki? for example, if you have 2 1581 drives, can you have web pages distributed on both drives,or are you "limited" just one? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:36 pm 

Nappe1 wrote:
Hi.
I have few questions...
basically, if I understood right, Contiki now uses kernal calls for disk access, so you can have as many drives as you have patience to configure them on right drive numbers right?

How's the website is set up at Contiki? for example, if you have 2 1581 drives, can you have web pages distributed on both drives,or are you "limited" just one? :)

great question as far as i know you can not switch drive by a link in the html.
if there is a way of doing this or making this possible i would love to know how.

contiki does now run from any commodore drive inc cmd etc.

i am running c64web from a ramlink at this moment.

If you get a website up please let me know. :) if its going to be 24/7 i will place a link on c64web if you will do the same.

have fun shane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:54 pm 

zap wrote:
If you get a website up please let me know. :)

possibly maybe perhaps... ;)

zap wrote:
if its going to be 24/7...

Possible maybe perhaps could be under some circumstances... ;)

I still need to put together 1581 kit and Amiga 500 mechanics (which are already waiting on my desk to find some time) and also it's going to be after I get the MMC Replay and new RR-Net. (I am basically only missing RR-Net, but because with that new MMC, you get both of them to one case, I'll hold for the new MMC.

But I must admit that, I have been fascinated by the idea of running web server on C64 for some time already. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:40 pm 

Nappe1 wrote:
zap wrote:
If you get a website up please let me know. :)

possibly maybe perhaps... ;)

zap wrote:
if its going to be 24/7...

Possible maybe perhaps could be under some circumstances... ;)

I still need to put together 1581 kit and Amiga 500 mechanics (which are already waiting on my desk to find some time) and also it's going to be after I get the MMC Replay and new RR-Net. (I am basically only missing RR-Net, but because with that new MMC, you get both of them to one case, I'll hold for the new MMC.

But I must admit that, I have been fascinated by the idea of running web server on C64 for some time already. :)

check out the fb-net by fotios http://www.c64net.com/fotios its all you need and cheap i am running one and now using my retro replay and rrnet for another c64.

Post subject: Re: Contiki 2.1 released
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:04 am 

I do have a small problem with Contiki 2.1 and my RR-Net board. Although the software compiles and I can run some of the applications, I don't get any response from the c64 in terms of answering my ping to it. There's just no reply, no reaction shown on the RR-Net's LEDs. Is there some bug in the cs8900 driver or am I just missing something here?! Any help would be appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Contiki 2.1 released
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:27 pm 

lodger wrote:
I do have a small problem with Contiki 2.1 and my RR-Net board. Although the software compiles and I can run some of the applications, I don't get any response from the c64 in terms of answering my ping to it. There's just no reply, no reaction shown on the RR-Net's LEDs. Is there some bug in the cs8900 driver or am I just missing something here?! Any help would be appreciated!

Download contiki from www.c64web.com its already compiled and all you need to do is change the ip address and gateway.

have fun shane

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next