It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:11 am 

Apart from the various telnet C64 BBSes, anyone got any interesting things to connect to via telnet from a c64?

as an example, I have been helping Rob O'Hara (author of "commodork") convert some old BBS logos and other petscii graphic files to PNGs (e.g. ( http://www.robohara.com/?p=1684 ) and found some 'petsciimation' files, i.e. things that were meant to be displayed at 300 baud and run for a few minutes. I've set one up ("Rad Wars") on port 6464 of jamtronix.com, telnet there with something that understands petscii (cgterm, guruterm, kipperterm) to get the idea.

Are there any other interesting curios around, or is anyone inspired to create something? A petscii MUD perhaps? nethack for 40 column mode?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:43 pm 

A PETSCII Circle MUD... Hmmm... Just need to convert the ASCII charators to PETSCII and need to change the Escape codes to PETSCII colors... I'll give it a shot. I use to run a circle mud many a moon ago. I'll break out my C compiler and work on it. That is the main part. After that, it would be adding an intro PETSCII screen.

It's been a while since I used a PETSCII editor. Anyone know a good one to use? I am looking for one not to do animations but when I am done just print out without haveing all the backspacing and cursor movements.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:47 pm 

I've successfully connected to the Toronto Freenet with my C64 and KipperTerm in VT100 mode. Reasonably useable in 40 columns.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:11 am 

thanks to Schema passing on some disk images, I've added another movie ("drunk eddie") to the petsciimation server (port 6464 on jamtronix.com)