It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:38 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: WebNoter
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:16 am 

WebNoter is a quick demo app I made to show off KipperKart at a local scene party this weekend. I am pretty sure this is the first c64 demo with an embedded web server :-)

Download from http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=90087

Post subject: Re: WebNoter
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:50 pm 

Cool. I've always wanted to see networked C64 demos, i.e. several c64s working in tandem (in the same room, or worldwide). Looks like we're getting there!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

Wow! That's really cool. Good job Jonnosan!! :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:05 am 

Webnoter sure is cool, and it was the first program I got working with my rr-net and home built clock port. Thanks for that!
However it was easily DOSed, I guess it only keeps one connection at a time, and if that dies somewhere it waits forever and ignore new connection.
It still answered to ping, and everything ran fine on screen. An NMI handler to quickly restart the network code or something could be an easy workaround.
I have so much more ideas for this webnoter, like new message doesn't overwrite the old and so on...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:34 am 

hevosenliha wrote:
Webnoter sure is cool, and it was the first program I got working with my rr-net and home built clock port. Thanks for that!
However it was easily DOSed, I guess it only keeps one connection at a time, and if that dies somewhere it waits forever and ignore new connection.
It still answered to ping, and everything ran fine on screen. An NMI handler to quickly restart the network code or something could be an easy workaround.
I have so much more ideas for this webnoter, like new message doesn't overwrite the old and so on...

Glad you liked it. Have you also seen geoLink?

WebNoter was really just a 'proof of concept' intended to spark some interest - you can view the source code at http://netboot65.svn.sourceforge.net/vi ... iew=markup and either have a go at modifying yourself, or even use that as an example for building your own web apps. There's also (very terse) docs at http://netboot65.sourceforge.net/kipper ... erence.doc

BTW the httpd code will attempt to drop a session after 5 seconds, so 'stale' connections should eventually go away, but it's definately not 'industrial strength' :-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:52 am 

I'm still struggling with geolink, the first packet I get back from the server has the RST flag set, which geolink (or something) doesn't understand, and continues to wait until it thinks the connection attempt has timed out. Error $81
As I just got my rrnet board to work yesterday I haven't investigated the issue too much.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:07 pm 

hevosenliha wrote:
I'm still struggling with geolink, the first packet I get back from the server has the RST flag set, which geolink (or something) doesn't understand, and continues to wait until it thinks the connection attempt has timed out. Error $81
As I just got my rrnet board to work yesterday I haven't investigated the issue too much.

If the remote server is sending a RST in the first packet then the remote server doesn't like the packet it got from the client to set up the session.
Some options on the server side is - the server is down, or too busy to handle new requests.
Alternatively, sometimes if you reconnect to a server after rebooting, the client ends up choosing the same 'local' port number as the last session, and the server then sees the new SYN request as being part of the last session, and gets confused then ends up reseting the connection.

The 'local' port is somewhat randomised, but there aren't many sources of entropy so the risk of 2 consecutive reboots ending up picking the same 'random' number is actually quite high.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:23 pm 

I'm starting a new geolink thread....