It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:58 pm 

If this new loader is released, hopefully I'll be able to get rid of the disc drive and just use MMC 64.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:10 pm 

Would it be possible to use dreamload and contiki togeather ? so that contiki loads from the SD card instead of the 1541 ?

it would make the web - server a lot quicker .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:32 am 

Hm, where did the sly spy example go? Wasnt it available in upload before? There was a discussion on irc yesterday about how to use dreamload for mmc, but i couldnt find that file.

I got my mmc64 yesterday and tried some stuff I had patched with dreamload, and I quickly noticed that a game had bugs I didnt recognize from testing in emulator, and it was caused by the game not turning off sprites while loading.
Does anyone know if there will be a new version of mmc64 where the problem with sprites is fixed?

Also, what is peoples opinion on fixing games and demos for mmc64, if the 1541 ultimate will be finished and sold thats another way for getting rid of the trouble of having a diskdrive and lots of disks, without the hassle of having to replace the loader routines. But the mmc64 still has the advantage of quite fast loading times since it doesnt have to be fully compatible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:39 pm 

hollowman wrote:
Also, what is peoples opinion on fixing games and demos for mmc64, if the 1541 ultimate will be finished and sold thats another way for getting rid of the trouble of having a diskdrive and lots of disks, without the hassle of having to replace the loader routines. But the mmc64 still has the advantage of quite fast loading times since it doesnt have to be fully compatible.

Until the perfect 1541 replacement is here, I don't see why not. MMC64 is the most convenient storage device so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:01 pm 
Nata wrote:
Btw: Hey, is there any chance for sum new games that works without RR?

Quote:
Hmm, maybe. But we need a good title with no hiscore and nothing to save (like gi joe). Any suggestions?

Aerobics http://gamebase64.com/game.php?id=158&d=18&h=0
Rick Dangerous 2 http://gamebase64.com/game.php?id=6345&d=18&h=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:36 am 

hollowman wrote:
Hm, where did the sly spy example go? Wasnt it available in upload before? There was a discussion on irc yesterday about how to use dreamload for mmc, but i couldnt find that file.

It was moved to MMC-64 in the files section: http://retrohackers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=440#440

hollowman wrote:
Does anyone know if there will be a new version of mmc64 where the problem with sprites is fixed?

I asked Jens for a fix a while ago, but this seems to be something only Oliver can do. Unfortunately he's terribly busy at the moment with some very strange projects. I don't give up hope that there will be an update someday, but I doubt it will be in the near future.

hollowman wrote:
Also, what is peoples opinion on fixing games and demos for mmc64, if the 1541 ultimate will be finished and sold thats another way for getting rid of the trouble of having a diskdrive and lots of disks, without the hassle of having to replace the loader routines.

I like the idea of the 1541 ultimate very much and will definitely buy one (though I'm still a bit worried about this diskchange menu). It is quite tempting to drop the MMC64 for it, especially with the annoying unfixed sprite-bug, but somehow I like this troublesome piece of hardware. So I will still fix a game for mmc from time to time. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:44 pm 

Doc Bacardi wrote:
I like the idea of the 1541 ultimate very much and will definitely buy one (though I'm still a bit worried about this diskchange menu). It is quite tempting to drop the MMC64 for it, especially with the annoying unfixed sprite-bug, but somehow I like this troublesome piece of hardware. So I will still fix a game for mmc from time to time. :)

I made an mmc fix of centric since the loading time from disk of that game is so painful, and with such games mmc fixes makes sense, since with a fully compatible 1541 ultimate i would still be stuck with the same annoying wait.
I tried a bunch of games originally fixed for ide64, and even if its nice to have the games collected on one memorycard I would be much happier if they had dreamload installed so I could get rid of the waiting also.
So yeah, I also like the troublesome piece of hardware =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:43 pm 
Where can I get this fixed version of "centric"?
Is there more available?

Post subject: 1541 ultimate
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:59 am 

Quote:

I'm very interested in a 1541 ultimate. Assuming similar pricing to an mmc64 or rr, I'll preorder one right away if possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:13 am 

mmc64 version of the axis of evil 2007 invitation demo is available http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=48033

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:09 pm 

mmc64 versions of wwiii,26kg,horsing around,romeo,axis of evil,axis of evil2006 available

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:46 pm 

great to see that some people still do fixes!

rock on!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:39 am 

Nata wrote:
Where can I get this fixed version of "centric"?
Is there more available?

It's not released at present as it's not finished yet.

hollowman wrote:
mmc64 version of the axis of evil 2007 invitation demo is available http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=48033

hollowman wrote:

Nice work, hollowman! I'd love to see more Fairlight-Demos as MMC64-fixes, such as Pretending to See the Light, Loaded, Wok Zombie, One Million Lightyears from Earth and Boogie Factor.

New games for the Commodore 64, presented by PROTOVISION.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:45 pm 
Any news?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:44 pm 

Hey! I finally tried DreamLoad and was delighted how easy it is to use. Unfortunately, it didn't work. My test doesn't load anything, but the installer hangs. Also, the initial 8 in $BA somehow changes to a 9 (checked in ViceMon). I used DreamAss to assemble the loader per the instructions. Then I wrote a simple program to test it but it fails:

Code:
   !to "\ohjelmat\vice\files\dl.prg",cbm
   *=$801

LdCfgInit_CodeStart = $1000

LdLoc = $cd00
   DL_LoadFile = LdLoc
   DL_Open = LdLoc
   DL_LoadTS = LdLoc+3
   DL_Get = LdLoc+3
   DL_ShutUp = LdLoc+6
   DL_WakeUp = LdLoc+9
   DL_LedOff = LdLoc+12
   DL_SpeederOff = LdLoc+15

; BASIC line to start the MC

!byte $b,8,0,0,$9e,$32,$30,$36,$34,0,0,0,0,0,0

jsr LdCfgInit_CodeStart
   bcc Load1
   rts
Load1   lda #fne-fn
   ldx #<fn
   ldy #>fn
   jsr DL_LoadFile
   bcc Load2
   jmp DL_SpeederOff
Load2   jsr DL_SpeederOff
   jsr $a659
   jmp $a7ae

fn   !pet "goldsun /ssi"
fne
   *=LdCfgInit_CodeStart
   !binary "\ohjelmat\dload\dload.c64",,2

Please help. Also, the documentation completely lacked everything MMC64 related. I looked at the sources and found the MMC loader there, but without knowledge how to use it, that's much in vain. I looked into mmcparam.src to find the device numbers to use for MMC64 but one of those is unclear, and I don't know how to work with DFI images. Again, please help!

I was thinking if I could use autodetection for MMC / real drive. When my program is loaded from a memory card, $BA probably is zero? Add RR detection to that, and then change $BA to $20+ accordingly. Otherwise leave it as it was, to load from the drive from which the program was initially loaded. This should work to allow same program to run from disk/MMC?

http://mydarkgothvampiricplace.endofthe ... Commodore/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next