It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:26 pm 

G.o.D64 wrote:
if you delete the savegame file, californa games starts up with a empty highscore list, if you compete any event then, a new savegame file is created with correct highscore, but california games locks after saving, on new start, the new highscore file is loaded, but saving does not work anymore from there on

Thanks for your bugreport, it really helped me to find the problem. Please grab the fixed version here: https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7602&release_id=11984. Btw.: it's 'https' this time because http at BerliOS is under ddos attack at the moment. :(

Ebster wrote:
but for world games i must say that the mmc behaves strangely quite often. try to delete the dfi, make a new drawer or something else to copy a "new" dfi-image of world games to your mmc.

* Sigh * I hoped that all these problems were gone by now. Does this still happen with the 20061210 release or later? Earlier versions had a nasty bug which made fragmented files fail.

MacGyver wrote:
Many times I get to read that California Games shall work. Well, probably people saying that never played it that far.
When selecting "Compete in all events", the first couple will work (Half Pipe, Foot Bag, Surfing, Skating). However, when loading the event after Skating (which is BMX), the C64 loads for a few seconds and then crashes.
Maybe some not yet supported routine? Baccy?

Hehe, that's the correct behaviour! Sounds crazy? Just try the Ide64 fix on a plain machine, no ide64 and no speeder like AR or RR. It will crash.
The BMX event is quite big and has some data below the IO area at $d000. The 'fix' just calls the load vector to get the data into the memory. It will only work with a speeder which loads all data into ram (like AR or RR).

I could fix this issue by turning the dfi plugin into a ramloader, but this would break some old games which load the color ram at $d800 with the
kernal routines. So I guess it's better to forget the ide64 version and take the TAC version instead: http://rrforum.ath.cx/viewtopic.php?p=1288#1288

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:56 am 

Doc Bacardi wrote:
Btw.: it's 'https' this time because http at BerliOS is under ddos attack at the moment. :(

WTF?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:43 am 

MagerValp wrote:
WTF?

It's a strange world, I can't get the glorious motive behind picking on a small open source platform. Or... is this already Vista's network code?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:33 pm 

Many thanks for this update! With it, California Games saves the highscores just fine! Also, all events work in this version :)

New games for the Commodore 64, presented by PROTOVISION.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:59 pm 

It this new DFIPLUGIN can works with Action Replay ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:31 pm 
Gob.20 wrote:

Hmm, I guess not!? :(

Btw: Hey, is there any chance for sum new games that works without RR? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:26 am 

MacGyver wrote:
Many thanks for this update! With it, California Games saves the highscores just fine! Also, all events work in this version

Ah, so it works! That's good news, thanks for your feedback. Fixing the loader is one thing, but I'm too clumsy to get a hiscore in most games (squish'em is the one and only exception). So this saving stuff is often not properly tested. :)

Gob.20 wrote:

No, sorry. IIRC the AR has only 8k of ram, which is just one bank. The kernal mode already uses 2 banks for code and 1 for buffers. Please design a mmc64 with some ram onboard! I would buy one for sure.

Nata wrote:
Btw: Hey, is there any chance for sum new games that works without RR?

Hmm, maybe. But we need a good title with no hiscore and nothing to save (like gi joe). Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:10 pm 

Quote:
Hmm, maybe. But we need a good title with no hiscore and nothing to save (like gi joe). Any suggestions?

barbarian from remember should be quite simple for that. for you, not for me that is :lol:

how far is implementing the f-keys for loading etc?

also another suggestion for the cbmimager would be to open .d64 files to select the .prg´s you want to add into a dfi file. at the moment you have to extract them with another program first, am i right? or even simpler, if you could open a .d64 and "save as" .dfi?!?

again thanks for the great work!!

Post subject: Great work!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:41 am 

I just tried the DFI fixed Turbo Outrun and it works great - high scores included!!

Thanks!

Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:08 am 

I've only been able to get this working fully through using the kernal option. Otherwise I have loads of problems, games not working, stopping working etc... This is getting better and better. I was trying to make the .D64 files .dfi files and was using the remember releases. The games worked but I was hoping that they would save as well. No such luck :cry:

Any chance of this being implimented in the future or will the high scores only work on IDE fixed games? Also any chance of fixing Salamander so it will work? I get to the main screen and when its loading a level all I get is a black screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:39 am 

i was thinking the same. i don´t know nothing about kernal routines but the two major groups (nos/rem) releasing their games with highscore-savers might always use the same way of saving. this is just my guess... once recognized and somewhat changes made to the dfi-plugin someone could save all his highscores to the mmc.

i am only talking about the one-filers with high-saver.

although the rest of the epyx-multi-event-series still not saving right would still need to be fixed more than anything else ... in my opinion, that is :roll:

rock on, bacci!! :D

p.s. do you actually know bugjam personally? he is a retro-computing-buddy of mine and used to work just around the corner from where i live. he was the one who set up a c64-system as a present for me just to get me back into this hobby ... and succeeded - now i own six of them :wink: he might be staying in africa for "ärzte ohne grenzen" for a while - i was just wondering, if you knew him..

best regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:08 pm 

Ebster wrote:
i don´t know nothing about kernal routines but the two major groups (nos/rem) releasing their games with highscore-savers might always use the same way of saving.

If I'm not mistaken someone is working with IFFL loader/saver for N0S :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:05 pm 

what does that mean in certain?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:46 pm 

Future N0S releases with MMC64 compatibility (no RR needed), whether they will re-release older games with updated loader remains to be seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:07 pm 
tnt/beyond force wrote:
Future N0S releases with MMC64 compatibility (no RR needed), whether they will re-release older games with updated loader remains to be seen.

Future...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next