It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:48 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:43 pm 

tnt/beyond force wrote:
wildside wrote:
So... how does one without a RR use the DFI plugin to run "LOAD" apps? :)

You must sacrifice your sixth son tomorrow at exactly 06:06:06 AM. That will call Cthulhu and he will grant you one wish. Use it to get bigger FlashROM and some extra RAM in your MMC64.

:twisted:

I'll take that as a "You can't use "LOAD" within DFIs without the RR". :(

Oh-well... guess I might have to keep playing with "Alt Bios" patching programs instead.

~Blair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:39 pm 

Thanks for the feedback and all your tests! I just finished the 'open'/'get' routines which makes a lot more games work (like creatures 1 and 2). Please grab it from the Uploads section.

Saving is still missing, so games like PPHammer will stop with a flashing screen (aka 'not yet implemented' message ;) .
Other games have sprites on while loading (turrican 2). I don't have any clue how to fix this, except by turning off the sprites (pooh!) or turning on checksums for the transfers (again more overhead).
Maniac Mansion is a bit different. The fix uses special functions of the ide64, and I'm not sure if I want to emulate this.

mjr wrote:
The dreamload option seems to have progressed; now I get some kind of file browser/selector, but all the options are displayed in red

Hmmm, not good! But I found another bug for your clustersize. Please try the new release.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:47 pm 

wildside wrote:
I'll take that as a "You can't use "LOAD" within DFIs without the RR". :(

It would be possible to use the Kernal patch part of the plugin with another cart, like the action replay. The patch needs 8K mappable ram somewhere, and 256 bytes in the IO area ($dexx or $dfxx). I will work on the save function, so I will not find time for an action replay port. But hey, it's open source! Grab an editor and start hacking. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:19 pm 

Great work, Mayhem in Monsterland and Lemmings now work!!

(none of the others on my "don't work" list work yet though)

Thanks a lot!

Ed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:42 pm 

Doc Bacardi wrote:
It would be possible to use the Kernal patch part of the plugin with another cart, like the action replay.

Can it really be done with AR? What about $dfxx overlap between MMC64 and AR?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:26 pm 

BTW, you don't need to stick only to IDE64-fixed games.

There was at least one group trying to support CMD-devices by making games use the KERNAL-interface again (so they would load from any drive, and even make use of stuff like JiffyDOS).

In theory, those should work nicely with DFI, too. Here's a link.

http://www.neef-online.de/tac/lxgame.htm

Happy trying :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:37 am 

NinjaDRM wrote:

On most games I get an error 404. :(

Quote:
PS: Anyone manage to DFI Contiki Yet?

I tried but it didn't work.

BTW: Daley Tompson now works

CU
Kratznagel

P.S.: Great work again!

Last edited by Kratznagel on Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:41 am 

Kratznagel wrote:
All games: error 404 :(

I noticed that, but about half the links do work (eg turrican). I tried a couple of games from there, but didn't get any working yet.

Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:21 am 

Hi Doc,

the dreamload works now on my setup too! Even my self made dfi's work, though they obviously load just the first file (I was expecting that)

kernal loader does not work, it says that I need 'action replay-styled cart'. Well, I got action replay. Doh!

I guess I'm going to buy the retro replay cart soon..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:33 pm 

I've managed to get this to work now. I have to choose the kernal mode not the dreamloader. Most games load up with load"*",8,1. Half the games I tested seemed to work. This tool is leet. Hopefully on the next release we'll get saving and more games to work. I had trouble with world games, last ninja 2 and salamander. Some games did load but very slowly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:29 pm 

NinjaDRM wrote:
BTW, you don't need to stick only to IDE64-fixed games.

There was at least one group trying to support CMD-devices by making games use the KERNAL-interface again (so they would load from any drive, and even make use of stuff like JiffyDOS).

In theory, those should work nicely with DFI, too.

Other groups sticking to KERNAL/not "fast loading" routines were Emulators, Lurid & Tricycle and DMAgic. Their versions should be worth to try as DFI as well.

New games for the Commodore 64, presented by PROTOVISION.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:51 am 

hi there! first post and i am so shy.. :wink:

just today i got my rr and started dfi-converting and testing ide64-warez games - goal is to try and error every ide64-fix available on the net...

much respect to you doc.bacardi for your work, highly appreciated!! to give something back, here is the link to my testing thread:

http://www.forum-64.de/wbb2/thread.php? ... post100773

for the non-germans, games in the last stack are proven playable - until some might try to save scores. the ones in the middle work for short or with corrupted graphics. the ones on top don´t work at all..

greetz, ebs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:05 am 

a-f + some more are in the upload section, will try to post g-z as soon as possible!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:14 am 
Site Admin

Nice job! And welcome to RR-Forum!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:35 am 

mjr wrote:
the dreamload works now on my setup too! Even my self made dfi's work, though they obviously load just the first file (I was expecting that)
kernal loader does not work, it says that I need 'action replay-styled cart'. Well, I got action replay. Doh!

Ah, good news! Yes, the error message is wrong. It should say "retro replay style". Although a RR would be a good investment I'm quite confident that the complete dfi plugin can be ported to an action replay. I tried to get AR and MMC64 working and I could access the MMC registers. I'm not sure about the mapping modes though. They seem to be a bit different than the rr's, especially for the $8000 area.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next