Have fun. ;)

Attachments:
MMC64_Browser.zip [16.28 KiB]
Downloaded 784 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:35 pm 

odo wrote:
Can't find a working link

CSDb links to my MMC64 stuff are fixed now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:27 pm 

Hi Tnt
Thanks sorry that i posted it here and on lemon .I got my MMC Replay and formated my mmc cart.
BTW it's working great with the MMCreplay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:45 pm 

odo wrote:
Hi Tnt
Thanks sorry that i posted it here and on lemon .I got my MMC Replay and formated my mmc cart.
BTW it's working great with the MMCreplay

Well, I'm not that lucky :( I've tried browser with different cards and different format options and different settings and I ALWAYS get RED border. Can somebody help me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:23 am 

Alex wrote:
...I ALWAYS get RED border.

Program thinks there is no card. Are you using MMC64 or MMC Replay?

Edit: from another of your posts I see you are using MMC Replay. Sorry, but I can't help you with that one as I don't have one myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:28 am 

tnt/beyond force wrote:
Alex wrote:
...I ALWAYS get RED border.

Program thinks there is no card. Are you using MMC64 or MMC Replay?

Edit: from another of your posts I see you are using MMC Replay. Sorry, but I can't help you with that one as I don't have one myself.

OK - thanks. Anyway the program properly detects removal of card and insertion of a another - it changes border to blue and after a while to red. Maybe somebody had similar problem with MMC or MMC Replay?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:37 pm 

I get the title bar i.e. likes its loaded the code then nothing happens. Same SD works with MMC64 no problems, plug it into the MMC Replay and no joy.

If i hold down the commodore key on boot, i go straight into MMCreplay bios and all works fine, file browse etc so i think its not the 64 or the SD chip. Timing problem?

Any ideas?

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:51 am 

oliver mentioned the TNT browser not working because it somehow disables/enables the RR (?) during startup and that causes some kind of problem.

no i dont remember what exactly it was or why exactly it would cause a problem =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:41 pm 

That's fascinating, coz it works for me ok. Tried so far with two cards. I am using the version embedded in my "boot manager", but I haven't made any changes to the browser...

Just occurred to me that I am doing my own simple configurating of the Retro Replay prior to displaying the menu, which may have an effect. You could try FMMMC64BM to press F1 and see if TNT's browser works from there.

http://mydarkgothvampiricplace.endofthe ... Commodore/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:11 pm 

FMan wrote:
That's fascinating, coz it works for me ok. Tried so far with two cards. I am using the version embedded in my "boot manager", but I haven't made any changes to the browser...

Just occurred to me that I am doing my own simple configurating of the Retro Replay prior to displaying the menu, which may have an effect. You could try FMMMC64BM to press F1 and see if TNT's browser works from there.

Thanks for the tip - I'll try it today :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:52 pm 

groepaz wrote:
oliver mentioned the TNT browser not working because it somehow disables/enables the RR (?) during startup and that causes some kind of problem.

I don't remember how much of this is in the released version... boot version first disables AR, then does the following for RR: enable clockport, disable freeze, REU mode + maps some RAM at $dexx.

Both boot and prg versions enable MMC64 at the beginning and $df13 is mapped differently now IIRC. Patching "lda #$0a; sta $df13; lda #$1c; sta $df13" out might help.

Post subject: Further testing
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:23 am 

After further testing I also get the red screen border. This is with multiple SD cards of different capacities etc. Also tried this on another c64 out of desperation! Same result - so not the C64 itself.

Plug me mmc64 and woosh off it goes fine. I understand others have this working on MMCReplay. Is this possibly something to do with format of the card or something? The mmc64 was usable for me largely because of the TNT browser! Seems a real step back for me not to be able to use it on the MMCReplay which is a nice piece of kit.

Three steps forward ... two back ... and i can't get the t64 plugin working under the MMCReplay browser either ... grrrr!

Any help appreciated.

regards

Shifters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:17 am 

Alex wrote:
FMan wrote:

Thanks for the tip - I'll try it today :)

Still not working :( I'll try the patching than.

Post subject: Re: Further testing
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:32 am 

shifters67 wrote:
After further testing I also get the red screen border. This is with multiple SD cards of different capacities etc. Also tried this on another c64 out of desperation! Same result - so not the C64 itself.

Plug me mmc64 and woosh off it goes fine. I understand others have this working on MMCReplay. Is this possibly something to do with format of the card or something? The mmc64 was usable for me largely because of the TNT browser! Seems a real step back for me not to be able to use it on the MMCReplay which is a nice piece of kit.

Three steps forward ... two back ... and i can't get the t64 plugin working under the MMCReplay browser either ... grrrr!

Any help appreciated.

regards

Shifters

My tests shows that the problem is not connected with c64/128 models. I've tested on few different revisions of c64 and on C128D with the same effect.