It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:13 am 

Schema wrote:
MagerValp wrote:
Huh? UDPSlave is the ethernet based successor of Serial Slave.

I'm confused too. It looks like udpslave lets you send programs or data from the PC to the C64 (C64 acts as server), whereas serslave acts as a virtual disk drive (PC acts as server).

Right, that's true, though UDPSlave is in its infancy. I have a PC server written for disk and file copying, but no C64 client.

Schema wrote:
I think what Sounddemon is looking for is more like the Netdrive function in the final replay ROM.

SounDemoN wrote:
That's right... I prefer to do all the typing on one computer (the 64). Is it also possible via netdrive/serslave to use the netdrive in ordinary programs and not just basic? f.ex. to save stuff from say a painting program to device 6?

Yes, netdrive supports all programs that use plain kernal loading. serslave only patches the load and save vectors. UDPSlave does nothing of the sort, at least not yet.

I still think UDPSlave would be a useful addition though. Being able to xfer a single file quickly is very handy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:57 pm 

what version of TASS is used in the ROM? I hope it's TMP or if not - would it be possible to have a version with TMP??!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:25 pm 

hannenz wrote:
what version of TASS is used in the ROM? I hope it's TMP or if not - would it be possible to have a version with TMP??!

It's the original Antitrack's crack. I asked the TMP guys for the sources but they didn't want to give them away. They said they were working on some new cartridge and TASS for that, and *maybe* after that a TASS version for RR. Suspecting that they never finish this project I decided to do it all myself.

What special features do you think are lacking from normal TASS compared to the TMP version? The only possibility to include TMP would be to do a complete disassembly of it, which is too much work.

When I was searching for a TASS version to use in my ROM I was encouraged by some sceners to use the original crack, and I think this was a good choice because most improved versions seem to offer little and contain dirty, hacked code.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:35 pm 

Quote:
because most improved versions seem to offer little and contain dirty, hacked code.

yep, that's right ;)
Quote:
What special features do you think are lacking from normal TASS compared to the TMP version? The only possibility to include TMP would be to do a complete disassembly of it, which is too much work.

- Macros
- Local Labels

if used to them its a pain to do without'em ...
but so the original version of Turbo Macro Assembler would do as well - doesn't have to be TMP...

btw: so you HAVE a copy of the TASS Source code??! i was looking for the src all over the net but couldn't find it anywhere... i would be very interested - do you think you could send me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:29 am 

hannenz wrote:
if used to them its a pain to do without'em ...
btw: so you HAVE a copy of the TASS Source code??! i was looking for the src all over the net but couldn't find it anywhere... i would be very interested - do you think you could send me?

There is no publicly released version of the tass source. I was looking for it, too, before starting this project :) I did my own disassembly, which is without much comments or useful labels, but it compiles and produces a byte exact copy of the original TASS (antitrack's crack v2).

Someone else was asking for the sources as well so I will clean up the source directory a bit and mail you a copy when I get it done (I'm a bit busy at the moment)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:36 am 

cool.. thanks in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:10 am 

I went ahead and burned this ROM to my RR and ran it on my NTSC C64. It works surprising well.

The only problems are obviously the fast load of the AR6 doesn't work and the startup screen is distorted but still readable as you can see in the attached video.

As for the Turbo Assembler it works fine on my system so far including loading and saving source and assembling to C64 ram.

I did have a little trouble assembling to disk but I think that is just user error because it saved fine but when I loaded it back the C64 froze. The proream was just:

*=$0800
lda #$58
sta $ffd2
rts

Attachments:
File comment: Play back with Xvid codec or VLC
Turbo Action Rom PAL on NTSC C64 startup.avi.zip [2.72 MiB]
Downloaded 507 times
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

Cool!

Perhaps it's possible for SounDaemon to just swap in a NTSC AR6 rom since it seems that TASS is using kernel routines for loading and saving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:26 pm 

RaveGuru wrote:
Cool!

Perhaps it's possible for SounDaemon to just swap in a NTSC AR6 rom since it seems that TASS is using kernel routines for loading and saving.

I think that'd be possible. Thanks to TheBeck for testing! Also sorry for the people I promised the source and didn't send it yet... I will get working on the ntsc version and source soonish (I hope ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:14 pm 

SounDemoN wrote:
RaveGuru wrote:
Cool!

I think that'd be possible. Thanks to TheBeck for testing! Also sorry for the people I promised the source and didn't send it yet... I will get working on the ntsc version and source soonish (I hope ;)

Okay, now it's done! Fortunately the NTSC AR rom is very similar to the PAL one, so an adaptation was easy to do. I put the NTSC version together with the sources in a package that can be found here:

http://soundis.infa.fi/unofficial_tar_v1.zip

The NTSC version seems to work, I've tested it quickly in Vice, but of course I don't know if it REALLY works since I don't have an NTSC machine :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:02 pm 

Thank you SounDemoN!

Works fine here on my NTSC c64. I loaded, saved and assembled to RAM a simple program.

The fast load works good too. No more switching my jumper to use fast load or TASS. No more flickering on the Turbo Action ROM startup screen.

This gets my vote for the best RR ROM ever. Very nice work. Anyone who uses TASS and has a NTSC c64 w/RR needs this ROM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:16 pm 

TheBeck wrote:
Thank you SounDemoN!

Works fine here on my NTSC c64. I loaded, saved and assembled to RAM a simple program.

Great to hear that it works! Let me know if you find any bugs, as this is a version I obviously won't be using myself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:53 pm 

Any possibilities of getting <-1 (exit to BASIC) working? I'm frequently using that to generate tables etc. Great tool otherwise!

Oh, and hi everyone, btw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:11 am 

radiantx wrote:
Any possibilities of getting <-1 (exit to BASIC) working? I'm frequently using that to generate tables etc. Great tool otherwise!

Oh, and hi everyone, btw.

Just tried it, and seems that for some strange reason it won't work... I have to take a closer look later to see what the problem is.

btw... I assume you know about the OLD command? You could instead
of using <-1 just reset and do your basic stuff and then continue. When
you want to do your basic magic again you reset and type OLD. Of course this isn't as convenient as <-1 but that's how I have done it so far...

And I just noticed <- 6 is missing! Anyone else used that? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:25 pm 

SounDemoN wrote:
And I just noticed <- 6 is missing! Anyone else used that? :)

I'd imagine radiantx use that too ;-)
<-1 to go in BASIC and do fancy tables and stuff, test tables and stuff.. and finally <-6 to convert fancy tables and stuff to .byte lines when all is good.

hmm.. just noticed that <-6 in TMP doesn't work either ;-)