It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:04 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:44 pm 

RRnet connected to MMC64 is at $df20, which should work if Contiki knows to search it there. RRnet connected to RR is located at $de02-de0f, which conflicts with RR RAM used by plugin - not a problem if Contiki disables clockport when not used. If not, then I suspect next load/save/open/close/chkin crashes when it jumps into RRnet register area. I would hate to waste 14 bytes for compatibility, but it's doable if no one is willing to patch rrnet.drv.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:44 pm 

to use both d64 plugins (d64 writer/kratznagel and d64 mounter/tnt) i have renamed the mounter plugin from d64plgin to i64plgin (i for the ide games) and the ide games from xxx.d64 to xxx.i64

works fine now...

Abyss-Connection Website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:40 pm 

nice idea but do i have to do it by hand or is there a way to rename a hundret files or so with one command from .d64 to .i64? any hints??

and by the way, tnt: any news on save support?

best regards!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:08 pm 

ren *.d64 *.i64

..in windows and dos, that is ;-)

But beware.. ALWAYS test before executing on win/dos... the behaviour with wildcard renaming is not always as you'd expect!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:06 pm 

Ebster wrote:
and by the way, tnt: any news on save support?

I have set 14.10.2006 as the next release date.

0.37 was released on my 37th birthday, so you are lucky I didn't want to release 0.38 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:34 pm 

thanks devia! will have a try at that...

and great to hear that from you tnt! i´m quietly reading this forum about once a week and thought development had come to some sort of an end... you only should have birthday more often :lol:

best regards!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:08 am 

Ebster wrote:
you only should have birthday more often :lol:

Sod off, I get old fast enough the way it is!

;)

Post subject: dfi saving support
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:40 pm 

hi tnt and guys tnt you know that you are doing save support on your plug in will it make more d64 games works ?
i know its an silly question but i was not sure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:54 am 

Happy birthday d64-mount-plugin!!

...wanted to be first :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:10 pm 

Too bad that Mike Dailly got me coding PAradroid Redux instead of mounter, so update is late :(. Good thing is that he found some compatibilty issues which can now be fixed.

paulm: it only affects compatibilty if the game already load nicely but hangs/crashes/causes nuclear meltdown/whatever when it tries to write onto disk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:42 am 

A very neat plugin! I never thought I'd see the MMC get this far.

- Things go very badly if I have JiffyDOS enabled while using the plugin.

- Is there a "preferred ROM" to be running on the RR side while using this plugin? In other words, does your code care/behave better if we have flashed TFR or a RR ROM or a legacy AR ROM? I've noticed that I can exit to BASIC normally with TFR, but using the legacy AR 5 ROM I have to disable/configure memory, I cannot exit with fastload enabled, it crashes.

- Which Infocom titles were you able to load? So far I haven't been able to get any to work--either the oldest "blue screen" interpreter or the middle years "grey-screen" interpreter which gives the 1541 Y/N prompt. (dies answering either Y or N.) Edit: I have now tried a black-screen (latest) interpreter and that too fails either with Y or N.

- Do you want to hear about loading problems with IDE64 "certified" fixes, or with games which have been "CMD-fixed" but perhaps not IDE64-fixed? (Below the Root CMD version is an interesting one, for instance: the freeze routine doesn't actually trap the disk load, so it doesn't let me change sides!)

- I've noticed that I need to do a cold restart (powerdown for ~30 seconds) to "shake" the machine out of some bad habits when it will no longer load anything, after a failed load or two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:54 am 

jcompton wrote:
- Things go very badly if I have JiffyDOS enabled while using the plugin.

Most likely some jump back to kernal goes to lalaland with JiffyDOS. I will add checking them to my todo list.

Quote:
- Is there a "preferred ROM" to be running on the RR side

Nope, it doesn't use ROM portion at all. Old AR ROMS use $dfxx which makes them collide with MMC64.

Quote:
- Which Infocom titles were you able to load?

I will check my list when I have time.

Quote:
- Do you want to hear about loading problems with IDE64 "certified" fixes, or with games which have been "CMD-fixed" but perhaps not IDE64-fixed?

If some IDE64 fixed game listed as working with my plugin doesn't, please let me know. (Except if it's Aliens, which doesn't work with IDE64 either!). Can I find CMD fixed games in one big pack somehere?

Quote:
- I've noticed that I need to do a cold restart (powerdown for ~30 seconds) to "shake" the machine out of some bad habits

I've noticed this too, but haven't yet been able to determine whether it's SW or HW problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:20 pm 

tnt/beyond force wrote:
Can I find CMD fixed games in one big pack somehere?

Not quite, but here's a site with a bunch: http://www.neef-online.de/tac/lxgame.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:24 pm 

jcompton wrote:
Not quite, but here's a site with a bunch: http://www.neef-online.de/tac/lxgame.htm

Thanks, the California Games fix works 100%, unlike the IDE64 fix. I tried a few others, they should work once TNT gets the block code going.

Post subject: cmd games testing
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:38 pm 

tryed robocop 3 in dfi then it crashes by screen going blank
and then tryed it in d64 format loaded with junk on screen

pub games cmd works fine as a dfi file

shadow of the beast cmd 2 sided d64 dont read d64 image but cant fit it in to one d64 disk so can't put in to dfi format or d64

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7